Using Global Reach for your currency requirements means you can make quick and efficient international money transfers to your trusted suppliers and contacts.
Unfortunately, criminals are always looking for new ways to defraud companies and individuals. We want to help you ensure your funds are only reaching those you intend to receive them, so before authorising a payment from your Global Reach account, please make sure that you’re not sending funds:
- To someone you don't know
- To prove availability of funds
- To a firm that has recently changed the details of their bank account without verifying the details directly with you
- To a person you met online and who is in need of funds
- To pay for an unexpected tax bill
- For an unsolicited investment opportunity
- As an advanced fee in order to claim a larger sum of money from a previously unknown inheritance, a prize, or compensation.
- To an unregulated investment company
To help keep your money safe and protect your money, please read our guide, which highlights the ways you can protect your funds.
We would also encourage you to take a look at these resources:
FCA Smart SCAM
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) provides information to help you avoid investment and pensions scams: https://www.fca.org.uk/scamsmart.
Action Fraud is the UK's national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime where you should report fraud if you have been scammed, defrauded, or experienced cybercrime. It also provides news and alerts on the latest scams: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/.
Take Five offers straightforward advice to help everyone in the UK to protect themselves against financial fraud: https://takefive-stopfraud.org.uk/.
Email email@example.com, or call 020 7989 0000 for personal enquiries, or 020 3465 8200 for corporate fraud concerns, if:
- You’ve authorised a payment which you now believe is part of a scam
- An account had been set up at Global Reach in your name, without your knowledge or authority
- You’ve made a payment to an account held with us, which you think is fraudulent
Read our guide to learn more about protecting your funds, here.